Psychic abilities are a natural part of the human experience. We all have the potential to be psychic, but not everyone knows how to develop their gifts. Being psychic doesn’t always mean seeing ghosts and spirits. It can mean deepening your connection to your intuition or learning to trust the messages you receive from your higher self and spirit.
Read more below to find out how to develop your psychic gifts.
1. Know Your Psychic Channel
How do you learn from the world around you? Are you an visual person or do you go by logic more? The psychic abilities we hold within us come through via what is known as psychic channels. This is how we receive energetic information. So if your an visual person you maybe naturally clairvoyant ie you receive messages via your third eye, or maybe you go by your gut instinct making you an empath and clairsentient. Below are the different psychic channels. Notice what one you feel drawn too. It maybe your a combination of 1 or 2. See what one is strongest for developing that intuitive channel.
- Clairvoyance: Clairvoyance is the ability to see things that are not physically present. This can include seeing spirits, auras, or other hidden information.
- Clairaudience: Clairaudience is the ability to hear things that are not physically present. This can include hearing voices, music, or other sounds.
- Clairsentience: Clairsentience is the ability to feel things that are not physically present. This can include feeling emotions, pain, or other sensations.
- Claircognizance: Claircognizance is the ability to know things without any conscious reasoning. This can include knowing the future, the past, or other hidden information.
- Psychic dreams: Psychic dreams are dreams that contain hidden information or messages. These dreams can be used to gain insight into your life or to receive guidance from the spirit world.
- Psychic intuition: Psychic intuition is the ability to know things without any conscious reasoning. This can include knowing the right decision to make, the best course of action, or other hidden information.
2. Have A Daily Meditation Practice
Building up an regular meditation practice is a key step in developing your psychic powers. When we learn to quieten the mind and allow space to connect to your emotions, energy and thoughts we can start to receive intuitive messages much clearer. This takes time though and I recommend you start off by doing 15-20 minutes an day and then building this up to an hour. Try this simple meditation practice on my youtube channel on activating your higher wisdom here.
3. Keep An Dream Journal
It is through our subconscious mind that we connect to spirit realm and receive psychic messages. This is why keeping an dream journal can be an powerful next step on your psychic development journey as writing down your dreams and the symbolism behind them allows you to tap into your subconscious so that you receive greater insights and clearer downloads from your dreams. When you wake up write down anything that comes to mind ie scenarios, people, symbols etc. Then you can find out what these symbols and images mean by using an Dream Book or checking online. A great website I highly recommend is Dream Moods which has an extensive Dream Dictionary that provides deeper insight behind the meaning of your dreams. You can check out the website here.
4. Take More Breaks From Technology
The blue light emitted from our technological devices such as our phone and computers can play havoc with our intuitive abilities. Spending too much time on technology is known to increase stress levels, reduce the quality of our sleep as well as distracting us from the present moment. That is why taking break from our phones and devices can really help increase your own natural intuitive and psychic powers as the blue light filter also plays havoc with our subconscious mind. All that noise we consume everyday blocks our creative centre, making us feel more and more disconnected from our higher self. So try and spend 1 or 2 days a week at least technology free and notice how you feel at the end of those days.
5. Find An Teacher Or Mentor
Sometimes on our spiritual journey we can feel very alone. Especially if we’re surrounded by family and friends that don’t understand us. Know that you are never on your own in this journey. Many of us are out there and I’m a firm believer in helping each other in raising our vibration. That is why it can be so helpful to find an teacher or mentor you resonate with, either online or in person that has an psychic development group. I have my own Spiritual Community on Facebook – Spiritual Tools For Lightworkers, Empaths and Starseeds that you are more than welcome to join. It’s free and I share regular spiritual development tools as well as how to develop your intuition. You can join the Free Group Here if it resonates.